CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Forget your troubles with Only You.

I find myself stuck in this 90’s theme and Only You made the cut. For many of you, this film hasn’t even shown up on your radar. However, I was hooked from day one.

Okay bear with me. The film came out in 1994 and starred the popular actors Robert Downey Jr. and Marisa Tomei. For some of my younger readers you may be thinking, who the flip are they? But if you were alive during the first term of Bill Clinton, you know who they are or should I say were?

Anyway, the film starts off ridiculous and just gets worse as it goes along. Tomei plays Faith, a 30 something middle school teacher that dreams of Prince Charming. Well, actually she dreams of Damon Bradley. He’s the guy her Ouija Board and Gypsy, carnival fortune-teller predicts she’ll marry someday. I know. I know.

Days before her wedding, she gets a phone call intended for her fiancé from Mr. Bradley Mr. Bradley is on his way to Venice for Business. Wish I had his job.

So feeling as though destiny is pushing her, Faith rushes off to the airport. She hops a plane with her best friend and sister-in-law, Kate played by Bonnie Hunt.

Before you know it, you’re face to face with breathtaking scenery. Blue skies, shining lakes, hand-sculpted statues, lush gardens and striking architecture flood your sight. Your eyes won’t know what to drink in first. If you’ve never been to Europe, like me, you can’t imagine visiting a place where angels must vacation.

As if the scenes of Venice and Rome aren’t enough, there’s real chemistry between the two lovers. Robert Downey Jr. and Marisa Tomei had me wondering if they really fell in love. I know some might say it was just good acting, but I know that wasn’t screen-tongue that I saw. There was passion between those lip-locks. It’s their passion for each other that brings you into their world. You begin to envy the whole love at first sight bull-honky.

However, their happiness is short-lived when Downey Jr. confesses his little white lie. This in turn sends him, the two ladies, and Kate’s platonic friend Giovanni, on a goose chase. Their escapades lead them to a place called Positano, Italy where you’ll see a young Billy Zane in a really bad wig.

Okay so why watch this film. Because it will make you forget the weather, your headache, and even your dinner on the stove. It’s filled with everything men hate and women love. So that’s reason enough to plan a girl’s night and watch it. Your good mood may depend on it.

0 comments: